Friday, July 23, 2010

365.72: I Am So Martha Stewart

Let me just say that today,
though the kitchen may be a mess of dishes from four meals piled up,
though the living room floor cannot be seen for the mounds of toys,
though the boys got to bed an hour late,
I am PROUD of my accomplishments.

Today I finished a two-day project of repainting and re-covering the patio chairs! I am so excited to enjoy meals, play games, and just hang out on the front porch, so I really wanted to spruce the set up a bit.

Here is a before shot of the chair:

And my after:


There are two that are solid blue and two striped. And though it may be difficult to tell in the photo, the iron was black and rusted before, and is now a bronze with a hammered finish.

But don't you think this photo is just so much cuter for some reason?

I feel proud of this rare, crafty moment in my life.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH COURTNEY!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!! You are SO crafty!!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beeeeeautiful! Mimi and Pop-Pop can't wait to sit on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey....your fabric is almost identical to the small chair in our living room! Mom

    ReplyDelete