Thursday, August 26, 2010

365.106: The Perfect Day

OK, so I know that I've claimed to have the perfect day once or twice before, but this one really was in the running!

Ryan had the day off, so it was our faux-Saturday. The day started with a leisurely morning and a delicious breakfast.

Btw, I am totally on this kick of layering a tomato slice and havarti cheese on a piece of wheat bread and toasting it in the toaster oven for breakfast. If it's lunch-time, I add some turkey and spinach to the same. I seriously am having this twice a day, every day. This morning I got ambitious and the layers went like this:
  • bread
  • tomato
  • havarti
  • egg
  • shredded colby jack
Did that just blow your mind? Yeah...sandwiches do that to me, too.

Anyways, on with the perfect day. A little before noon, the fam headed out and the boys dropped me off at a coffee shop called Common Grounds. This is maybe definitely the cutest coffee shop I've ever seen. Cuter than any in L.A. or Athens or Atlanta. It's eclectic and has the tastiest coffee, to boot! So the boys dropped me off and I got to spend an hour alone doing schoolwork while they went to walk around the mall.
Then they picked me back up and we went to Kim's which is a 1950s hamburger dive. We split two burgers a chocolate shake, then headed to the zoo. (Yeah, we're crazy ambitious and threw all napping-sensibility to the wind.)
After the zoo, the boys took really quick naps before Meghan got here and we headed out the door to Elevate!
Whew! I'm tired just writing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment